Sunday, February 26, 2017

Nineveh 90: Week 2 Update

Today ends Week 2 of the Nineveh 90 challenge. The last week has been ... rocky, to say the least. Week 1 was pretty easy, to be honest; but this past week I've definitely felt the spiritual pressure. So much that can't be talked about online, and even barely able to be discussed in person. It's a very dry time right now.

1. Let go of repetitive sin
I'm focusing on the absent-minded computer time, which was off to a good start at the beginning of the week, but miserably failed at the end of the week. 

2. Wear the Brown Scapular, attend daily Mass if possible, go to Confession monthly
Check, check for Sunday Mass, and I'm intending on going to Confession at the Catholic Women's Conference in a couple weeks (or earlier if I need it, of course!).

3. Daily prayer: Morning Offering, Angelus, Rosary, Holy Hour or 20 minutes (not neccessarily before the Blessed Sacrament), bedtime prayers
Failed miserably. Prayer is incredibly hard to do, it all feels so pointless and empty. 

4. Regular and intense exercise, seven hours of sleep, no alcohol, no dessert, no sweets, no pop or sweetened drinks, no TV or movies, only music that is uplifting, no televised sports, limit recreational computer time
I've also fallen off the wagon regarding some parts - like exercise, alcohol, and pop. And limiting recreational computer time. I have managed to stay away from the Top 40 and it's easy to give up televised sports when you never watched them in the first place. ;)

Week 3 begins tomorrow, and of course Lent begins on Wednesday. I'm really not exactly looking forward to Lent, because Lent will most likely end up being Lentier than usual.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for me.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing. I can empathise. I waste soo much time online. then I feel guilty. and I am poor (/truly terrible) at saying my morning prayers. and then I feel guilty (and like a failure). Sometimes I too think "what's the point?". It's just a daily battle I guess; doing what I know is right, and not what I *feel* I want to do.
    Lent is about to start...so maybe I'll try harder.
    hugs
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Hugs* I completely understand. For me, it's a lot of perfectionism - if I can't be perfectly recollected and poised, there's no point in doing it. But I somehow doubt Our Lord was perfectly recollected and poised on the cross, you know?

      Prayers for you this Lenten season.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I don't think I could do all of that...I certainly admire your attempt at that challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahhhhhhh, I'm floundering. Big emphasis on attempt over here, haha!

      Delete

Comment moderation is on. Anonymous commenting is allowed, but nasty/insulting/hateful messages are not. Any comments that are nothing more than trying to "disprove" Catholicism will be deleted. Sincere questions will be answered.

Ad majorem Dei gloriam! For the greater glory of God!